Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Fall Tradition

I am definitely a SUMMER girl.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the heat and would rather be by the water playing in the HOT sun than anything else.  HOWEVER, I also love this time of year when the weather isn't hot but isn't quite cold enough for a coat.  I LOVE that each year I can look forward to a day of acting like a kid again, playing and jumping in the leaves with my kids.



My parents have a HUGE maple tree in their yard and each year it drops thousands of leaves.  The pile of leaves usually starts out bigger than the kids and is an endless playground for burrowing, jumping, and disappearing.




This year Britton and Gavin played "Hide-and-Seek" with Addi.  They each took turns being burried in the pile of leaves and then had Addi try to find them by digging through the pile until they were found.




I LOVE that my parents join in the fun.  My mom waits, almost in anticipation, for the kids to come up and play.  She and my dad are great sports and rake the leaves into a pile time after time so we can all play to our hearts content.

********

Some of my FAVORITE Pictures







I LOVE these pictures of my parents and my kids.  My heart smiles everytime I look at them.  They truely show how much fun my kids have with their grandma and grandpa and how much they are all loved. My only regret is that Gavin isn't in them.  He had to stay home the day these were taken and came up the next day to have fun in the leaves.

My kids and I truely are lucky to live so close to my parents.

2 comments:

skcoe said...

Awww, so sweet! I love every single one of these pictures, from Britton's goofball expressions to them buried nose-deep. What a great relationship your kids get to have with their grandparents, it will be something for them to cherish forever!

Steph said...

Those are way cute. You are gorgeous Kerry I hope you know that!!