Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Addi!

Addisyn turned 4 on Saturday, September 11th.  Every time we told her happy birthday, she kept insisting that she was 3 NOT 4 and that it WAS NOT her birthday.  On our way to soccer games that morning we passed the church which was surrounded by flags for 9/11.  We started talking about it and what it was and when we said September Addi said, "September?! my birthday is September!"  It actually took us most of the day to really convince her that it was her birthday.

The Cake

Addi doesn't really like cake but she LOVES Oreos!  I decided to make her a "cake" made by stacking the Oreos into a tower and putting candles on top.  She LOVED it!  Instead of ice cream and cake, we had ice cream and Oreos.

The Presents 

Addi was so excited to open everything she has been wanting and asking for for weeks - The books Pinkalicious and Purplelicious, The Polly Pocket Glamper, a Leapster from Grandma and Grandpa, and a new helmet for her NEW BIKE!

The Bike


I LOVE this little girl.  She has definitely been my 9-1-1 baby from day one and I am grateful everyday for her.  She is silly, sassy, stubborn, smart, happy, loving, sensitive, independent, and mischievous.  I LOVE the way she says "Scunscreen" and "Smarshmallows".  I LOVE her "fancy" walk.  I LOVE how she bats her eyes and says "please momma, please" and then grins because she knows EXACTLY what she is doing.  I LOVE how she calls her brothers "my boys" and her dad "dadda".  I LOVE that she refers to Jesus as "My friend Jesus" like she knows him personally.  I LOVE everything about her - even though she cut her hair!  AHHH!

Happy Birthday Addi!

1 comment:

skcoe said...

Oooh, Kerry the plate stand turned out perfect! I need to make one for me, I made them for friends and didn't even keep one for myself!

Perfect original cake, (we've had to substitute with donuts more than once...) and the packages are so stinkin' cute! Way to make sure every detail was perfect!