Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

I wish I could say that I was the greatest wife in the whole world, that I had gotten up at the crack of dawn to make Jason his favorite breakfast, music from the Tabernacle Choir was playing softly in the background, that all of the kids were fed, bathed, dressed for church and ready to walk out the door 20 minutes early, and that we were all smiling as we loaded into the car.
Like I said...I WISH!  As it is, I am not the greatest wife in the world.  We all ate cold cereal, there was no music playing in the background, Addisyn got a bath, her hair got thrown up into a bun minutes before walking out the door - she wore flip-flops because we didn't have time for the fight, I was still frantically grabbing things to stuff into my bag to teach my lesson, and Gavin was not happy that he could not take
his markers to draw with at church and proceeded to condemn us until he walked through the doors of the church.

Never-the-Less...I have an absolutely WONDERFUL, AMAZING Husband, who despite the fact that it was Father's Day and he should have been able to relax this morning, got up, helped feed kids and get them ready, and waited patiently as I ran around the house like a crazy woman trying to make sure everything and everyone was ready to head out the door to church on time...and we almost made it!  Only 3 minutes late!



I LOVE this man.  He is honestly my best friend.  He is a great husband and father.  He is fun, energetic, determined, trustworthy, a hard worker, and loves his family.  He is a great example for our kids and for the young men he is in charge of. 


I also LOVE my dad.  He is an amazing grandpa, full of energy and love for his kids and grandkids.  He is always willing to go outside and play a game of catch, push kids on the swings, take them for 4-wheeler rides, teach them how to plant a garden, and support them in all of their school and athletic activities.  We have so much fun together and I am so grateful to have such wonderful men in my life.

1 comment:

skcoe said...

Our husbands and fathers ARE so amazing! How did we get so lucky?

Cute pics.