Tuesday, August 31, 2010

One of THOSE Days

Have you EVER had one of those days?!?!...
You know, the one where you had your day planned out, you knew EXACTLY what you were going to get done, where you were going to go, and you just KNEW it was going to be a fabulous day because you were going to be so productive that at the end of the day you would just sit back and think...."I am AWESOME!!!!" because of all of the things you were able to accomplish.
BUT, Nothing went as Planned!

That was exactly how my day went today.
It started out all wrong.  Gavin woke up sick and stayed home from school, Britton got up too late to walk with me up to the school so I drove him and had to do my work out later, and what was supposed to be a quick trip to the dentist to get one tooth pulled ended by having 4, yes 4 teeth pulled instead.



About a week ago Britton got hit really hard in a tournament soccer game and broke one of his teeth.  I knew it needed to be pulled so I made the appointment and took him in today.  After taking x-rays, the dentist informed me that he had 4 teeth that needed to be pulled because the permanent teeth were coming in and didn't have room.  He (the dentist) originally didn't want to pull all 4 since 1 was on the right side of his mouth and 3 were on the left side which would mean having his whole mouth numb and probably missing a day of school.  However, after taking a closer look, we decided to pull all 4 teeth!


Britton trying to drink his Mountain Dew (a big NO, NO) but the dentist said to give him something with caffeine in it because it makes the Novocaine wear off faster. - Notice his bottom lip...we all had a good laugh watching him try to drink out of a straw.  In fact his poor mouth was so numb that he was drooling while watching TV and had no idea.  Ha! Ha! 


My Sick Little Gavin
I felt so bad for Gavin today.  Normally when he stays home sick he is up an running before kids get home from school but not today.  He  felt so yucky that I found him asleep on the bathroom floor.


I tried to wake him up and carry him to his bed but he didn't want to move.  Instead, I got him his pillow and blanket and he slept most of the afternoon on the floor.  Poor little guy.  I felt so bad for him and was even going to run and pick up some sprite at the store but, he didn't want me to go.

So, as you can see, all of my great ambitions for today were quickly put to rest by having all of my kids home from school and needing my attention.
I was just
ONE OF THOSE DAYS!

2 comments:

Steph said...

I love those pictures of Britton! I hope Gavin gets feeling better soon poor guy!

skcoe said...

Oh my gosh Kerry. I hope YOU got something with caffeine in it too!