Friday, September 25, 2009

On your Mark, Get set, ...

Go!!!!!!

The Pinewood derby seemed to sneak up on us this year.  In fact, I looked at the calendar and was shocked , actually panicked a little, when I noticed that the pinewood derby was in just 1 Week!  Normally Jason and Britton work on Britton's car for weeks trying to get the design AND paint just right.  However, when I, in a panic, told Jason he only had 1 week until pack meeting, he calmly said, "Hmmm, you are probably right."

I, of course, wasn't so calm and really had to work hard to keep my mouth shut.  HOW in the world were they going to get a car done in less than 1 Week?

Despite all of my innner turmoil, Britton and Jason came up with an AMAZINGLY, Fun and Unique car.





YES, it is a pencil and the lead really does write.
The cub scouts got to name their cars.

The No. 2 Pencil became...

"Do Your Homework"









Jason and Britton had so much fun working on this car together.  It was fun to see them both get excited about the design and find ways to make it into a real pencil.

Way to go Britton!!!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

mary said...

He is seriously SO dang cute!!!! I love the outfit combo :)