Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Welcome To....


SUNNY ST. GEORGE?????


I obviously have not looked at my blog for a LONG time...not that I don't think about it ALL of the time - I just haven't done much with it.  I had a little free time today and thought I would make an attempt at bringing my blog a little more up-to-date.  To my suprise...I found this St. George post in my Drafts.  Yes, I had COMPLETELY forgotten I had even started it.

For my birthday, back in December, Jason decided to suprise me with a trip to one of our favorite places, St. George.  He had planned everything.  Condo arrangements, food, activities, etc.  He had everyday planned around the things I LOVE - sleeping, shopping, mountain biking, hiking and time in the sun (or at least the hope of a little warmer weather away from the snow).

Much to his disappointment, the weather in St. George was not only COLD, it was - FREEZING!!!
Most of his plans had to be changed due to the weather.
We still went shopping (he's such a good sport), he still let me sleep in every day, and we still went hiking - In the snow.

However, instead of mountain biking and time in the sun he took me caving.  I have only been caving once in the Nutty Putty caves, which are now closed due to someone getting trapped and dieing (no biggie right - NOT) so it was a little creepy at first - I don't love the dark or the unkown and putting the two together is twice as bad.  But Jason is super patient and enthusiastic - I would even say crazy at times.  He appears to have no fear climbing and exploring while I held back and let him check things out first. 

Even with the bad weather we had a great time.  It was a much needed break from the caziness of life, kids, being a mom, schedules, cleaning, cooking etc. 
Jason is so great and knew exactly what I needed for my birthday!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Is that the bloomington caves or Snow canyon?? Looks like Fun!